Northern Territory Major Events Company
Local Artists Competition
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The “Promoter” is Northern Territory Major Events Company (ABN: 22 085 961 520) of 16 Bennett Street, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 (“NTMEC”).
3. The Competition commences at 8.00am Australian Central Standard Time (“ACST”) on Friday 12 March 2021, and will continue until 5.00pm ACST on Thursday 8 April 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
4. Winners will be announced on the BASSINTHEGRASS Facebook and Instagram page at 8.00am on Thursday 22 April 2021.
5. Entry is open to Northern Territory residents only, proof of residency will be required.
6. Eligible Entrants must have a minimum of four tracks in their repertoire.
7. Eligible Entrants expressly exclude management and other employees of the Promoter, event partners and any agencies, firms and/or companies (and their immediate families), who are directly associated with the Promotion.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
8. To enter the competition, an Eligible Entrant must submit a complete application form at www.bassinthegrass.com.au
9. After the closing date, applications will be presented to an independent panel of three judges and the successful artists will be chosen at their discretion; the judges’ decision is final.
10. Winners will be announced on the BASSINTHEGRASS Facebook and Instagram page at 8.00am on Thursday 22 April 2021.
11. This competition is based on skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
12. Winners give NTMEC permission to publish their images on social media.
13. The following prize (Prize) will be provided by the Promoter to two Winners:
a. The opportunity to play live at BASSINTHEGRASS 2021 on Saturday 15 May 2021.
b. Entry accreditation to BASSINTHEGRASS 2021.
14. The Prize must be used by the Winners on 15 May 2021 only.
15. Winners selected are responsible for all costs related to performing at BASSINTHEGRASS inclusive of travel, accommodation and expenses.
16. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. Entry accreditation to BASSINTHEGRASS 2021 will only be provided to Winners and no further tickets will be allocated.
18. The Winner’s performance time will be at the discretion of the Promoter and non-negotiable.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to change the Prize for any reason whatsoever.
20. If the Winners, after accepting the Prize, are physically unable to claim their Prize, a replacement Winner will be selected at the discretion of the Promoter
21. The Winners consent to their name being published on the Promotor’s website and social media channels.
22. The Winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and broadcast. The Winners agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media and the Winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. The Promoter will hold the copyright to any photographs, video footage or written comment taken for publicity purposes and can use these items in any promotional material unconditionally.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
25. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to the Promoter.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
28. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, COVID-19, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
29. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win and it is within the Promoter’s discretion to not display, or remove entries, from social media and the website.
30. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, may be deemed ineligible at the Promoters discretion.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. All contestants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising to of accepting the prize or participation in the competition including but not limited to loss of income and personal injury.
33. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
34. By entering the Promotion, the entrants understand and agree that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the Entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) of conducting this Promotion and for other purposes of collection as set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at www.bassinthegrass.com.au
35. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them event after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Privacy Officer of the Promoter by email email@example.com.