With its brand new seaside location, People’s Choice BASSINTHEGRASS 2019 Music Festival is set to be not only the biggest, but the best the Territory’s ever had!
Established in 2003 BASSINTHEGRASS is the Northern Territory’s longest running music festival and is held annually at the start of the Top End’s beautiful Dry Season. BASSINTHEGRASS is a licensed, all-ages event and is proudly supported by the Northern Territory Government.
ABOUT THE VENUE
Mindil Beach is an iconic beach-side location just 20 minutes walk from the CBD.
On Saturday, May 18, Darwin’s iconic Mindil Beach will be transformed to host multiple stages where thousands of music-revelers will enjoy a jam-packed program of non-stop entertainment from 11am to 11pm. Check back closer to the event for times and lineup order or sign up below to be the first in the know.
FIRST TIME FESTIVAL GOERS!
EVER since its inception back in 2003, BASSINTHEGRASS has been a highlight on the Dry Season social calendar for locals and visitors of all ages.
Fast-forward around 15 years and the iconic event run by the Northern Territory Government is still extremely popular among music lovers from all walks of life.
Now with a brand new seaside location at Mindil Beach, the event formerly held at the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens will also offer more than double the number of last year’s artists and a range of exciting never-before-seen attractions.
Whether you’re going to BASSINTHEGRASS yourself or your child is heading along with a group of friends, you can be certain the safety of festival goers is just as important to us as delivering a stellar line up of Australian music artists on the day.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
- We want to ensure your experience at BASSINTHEGRASS is both safe and enjoyable, which is why we offer free water, event champions, first aid posts, dry areas, shade and sunscreen.
- Creating a safe space for festival goers is vital, so our event promoters have ensured that all management and security staff at the event hold valid first aid certificates and ochre cards.
- Don’t be afraid to approach our friendly event champions, event staff or security – they’re an experienced bunch and more than happy to assist in any way then can. Don’t let a little drama, become a big drama.
FAST FACTS FOR FIRST TIME FESTIVAL GOERS
- On arrival, you will be given one of two safelock wristbands that will clearly identify you as a minor (under 18) or an adult (over 18).
- Those with a red minor’s wristband will not be permitted to purchase or consume alcohol at the event.
- Minors will be strongly discouraged from leaving the venue by not being issued pass outs. So if you’re dropping them off at the festival, you can be confident that they won’t want to leave and miss out on any of the great live music or entertainment on offer.
- Security will be roaming throughout the venue to ensure everyone is on their best behaviour.
- There will be a drop off and pick up zone located right near the entry gates.
- Event champions will be easily accessible and are there to help you no matter how big or small the problem is. Whether you’ve lost your phone, aren’t feeling well or can’t find your friends, our event champions are there to lend a helping hand. Festival goers are urged to save the following phone number in the mobile ahead of attending BASSINTHEGRASS – 0474 190 534.
- Ticket holders will be provided with a voucher for free waters upon arrival, which they can exchange at the Mt Franklin Free Water Station. There are also water refill stations withing the venue and more free bottled water on request.
With a brand new seaside location and a fantastic line up of Australian music artists, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the 2019 People’s Choice BASSINTHEGRASS Music Festival.
BASSINTHEGRASS has always been a much-anticipated event on the Dry Season social calendar for locals and tourists alike, and I am confident that the 2019 festival will be no different with 12 hours of non-stop entertainment for people of all ages.
The day is a perfect chance to celebrate Australian live music in one of the Top End’s most scenic spots, and the Northern Territory Government is delighted to support this popular all-ages event.
Minister for Tourism & Culture