Northern Territory Major Events Company Pty Ltd (referred to in this Policy as we, us, our) is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles, and the Information Act 2002 (NT). This Policy outlines the way in which we manage personal information and your rights of access to the personal information we hold about you.
The kinds of personal information we collect
We may collect and hold personal information about:
- individuals who register for or attend our events;
- volunteers and stall holders who participate in our events;
- applicants seeking grants from our FestivalsNT funding program;
- job applicants seeking to work with us; and
- our contractors and suppliers.
We only collect and hold personal information that is necessary for our business functions. We will always use fair and lawful means of collecting your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect about you, and our use of that information, depends on your dealings with us. Generally, this personal information will include:
- contact information (e.g. your name, address, telephone number and/or email address);
- year of birth;
- information about your dealings with us (including records of telephone, email, online and other interactions);
- information about the types of events, products or services that you have acquired from us, or may be interested in;
- financial information (i.e. bank account details for the sole purpose of invoicing and payment);
- CCTV footage and/or photographs of you from our premises or events; and
- for job applicants, their education and employment information.
- If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, we may be unable to provide you with the products or services you are seeking, or offer employment to you (where applicable).
How we collect personal information
We generally collect personal information directly from you, where reasonable and practicable to do so.
We may collect your personal information in person, or by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us, including through our website www.ntmajorevents.com.au or any event website that we operate. In limited circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from a third party (e.g. contractors who provide services to us, such as event ticketing companies).
If you provide us with personal information about another person, such as when you are purchasing tickets on behalf of someone else, you must ensure that other person consents to us collecting and using their
personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the specific purposes for which it was collected, for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and for other purposes required or authorised by law.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to respond to enquiries and provide you with information you have requested;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information about the events, products or services we are offering;
- to obtain feedback on our events, products and services;
- to conduct general business and management functions;
- to disclose the information to third parties (such as our agents, partners, contractors and suppliers) for the above purposes; and
- for job applicants, to assess your application for recruitment purposes.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to receiving communications from us to let you know about products or services that may be relevant and of interest to you. If you do not want to receive
these communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, or by using the opt out mechanism provided in the communication.
Disclosure to third parties
Third parties that we may disclose personal information to include:
- our professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers to conduct general business and management functions;
- government and regulatory authorities, where we are required or authorised by law to do so by law; and
- contractors who provide services to us, including mailing services, booking services, marketing functions, or technology, data or website services.
If we disclose information to a third party, we require that the third party protects your information to the same extent that we do.
We will not disclose personal information for any reason other than those set out above without sufficient consent, unless disclosure is to prevent a threat to life or serious illness or is required by law or for the investigation of suspected unlawful activity.
If at any point we decide to use your information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be notified. You will have a choice as to whether your information is used in this
How we store personal information
We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, interference or modification. We hold your personal information as either physical records or records on our servers. We safeguard your personal information using
a number of administrative, physical and electronic security measures.
We will keep personal information for as long as it is needed for the purposes in paragraph 3 of this Policy, or as required by law, after which time it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
Cookies & website security
web content for you. Cookies by themselves do not allow us to see your email address or other personal information.
However, if you submit personal information to us, that information may be linked to data stored in the cookies. You may configure your web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
Websites operated by us may contain links to other websites.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the use and protection of your personal information on those other websites. While we strive to maintain a high standard of security on our websites, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of personal information during transmission to our websites.
How to access or correct your personal information
You have rights to request access to the personal information we hold about you via applications under privacy and/or freedom of information laws. However, prior to lodging such an application, we encourage
you to contact our Privacy Officer, who may be able to assist you without the need for an application.
We may need to verify your identity before we allow you to access your personal information and may refuse your request for access if we are required or authorised by law to do so. Access may be provided by hard copy or by allowing you to view our records.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at the details shown below, and we will amend our records accordingly.
We will not disclose personal information overseas exception in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
We may disclose your personal information outside Australia where necessary in the course of providing you with our services, for instance use of third party service providers to conduct surveys and facilitate
marketing and communication. We may also store and process your personal information at offshore locations, including offshore storage and cloud facilities provided by third parties. By providing your personal information to us you consent to your personal information being transferred offshore for
back-up, data security, and storage purposes (including to the United States of America and Singapore).
This Policy is current as at 12 October 2018. We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time, without notice to you, to ensure that we maintain the highest standards. The date of this Policy will inform you as
to whether there have been updates since your last visit.
Questions, queries or complaints
If you have any questions about our management of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or 08 8999 5256 or P.O. Box 3333 DARWIN 0801.
We request that any dispute or complaint be submitted into writing to our Privacy Officer. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and investigate and respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, see http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint, or the Northern Territory Information Commissioner, see https://infocomm.nt.gov.au/privacy/make-an-inquiry-or-complaint, for further information.