Getting to the Venue
BASSINTHEGRASS is just a 20 minute stroll from the CBD. If walking's not your thing, a taxi or Uber will cost you about $10 or jump on the free bus using the urban network (just show the driver your ticket). You'll will be dropped near the beach and met by thousands of Darwin revellers entering the festival. To plan your journey, view bus timetables here.
Drop off and pick up points are well marked (or just ask a local). After BASS, there are free public buses back to the city for an extended night of celebrating (or to your hotel for a good night’s sleep before continuing your Darwin adventure the next day).
There is no parking within or near the event
Note: Mindil Beach Casino Resort car park will be reserved for guests, patrons and members of the casino
- Atkins Drive - only accessed from Goyder Road → Atkins Drive
- Gardens Road (Botanic Gardens side only) – only accessed from Gilruth Avenue (city bound) → Gardens Road
- Chin Quan Road – only accessed from Gilruth Avenue → Chin Quan Road
Let your RIDESHARE driver know the location of your drop-off/collection zone to ensure you have a groovy journey to and from the event.
- Dedicated accessible parking accessed via Atkins Drive with specific event entry pass.
- Two viewing platforms with stage views.
Contact Northern Territory Major Events on 8999 5256 to find out how we can help you have a BASS time at BASSINTHEGRASS